4 Big Tips For Choosing The Best All-Inclusive Resort
No other season is as associated with eating, drinking, and simply being… as summer. It’s the peak season for vacations and weekend getaways. While some people prefer to travel on the spur of the moment with no reservations, others prefer to stay at a resort.
Resort vacations are only as good as the resort itself, so we’re here to help with some great ideas on how to find the perfect resorts for your needs.
A Variety Of Resorts For All Vacations
If you are new to the world of vacation resorts, know that today there are many different kinds of resorts for almost all kinds of vacations. Here is a quick breakdown to some of the most popular:
- Ski Resorts: While most popular in the winter, the ski resorts offer great hiking opportunities off-season. During the winter, you can enjoy skiing in the snow and if you can’t ski, you can still learn directly on the spot by joining a training class (usually, you can find this information at the resort or on their website).
- Casino Resorts: Another kind of resort that is having enormous success is the casino resort. Many countries offer some type of casino hotels but for the real casino resort experience, you should visit Macau or South Africa. Especially South Africa is known for its luxury resorts with amazing service at an affordable cost. Some of the best casino resorts in Africa include the Sun City Casino and the Grand West in Cape Town.
- Spa Resorts: Why not choose a spa resort vacation for relaxing with pleasant music, enjoying ayurvedic massage therapy, and release all the tension and daily stress you gained from your hectic every day.
- All-Inclusive Resorts: Other kinds of resorts are called all-inclusive as their offer a complete palette of services like restaurants, night entertainment, bars, car parking, hotel accommodation, laundry service, guided tours to the local attractions, and more. Many people seem to be attracted by all-inclusive resorts, although market experts highlight a recession trend in the tourism industry. The vacation model of all-inclusive resorts is actually one of the quickest and simplest solutions for those who want to find a comprehensive array of vacation services all in one place. If you don’t want to spend time booking each service that you think of separately, all-inclusive resorts are surely the best option to consider.
How To Make Sure You Pick The Right Resort
Picking up the right resort is not as simple as it can look at a first glance, especially if you are new to the all-inclusive resort planet.
To make your vacation a positive and absolutely want-to-do-it-again experience, we warmly suggest you learn the following tips on how to choose the right all-inclusive resort without wasting any time:
- Analyze the resort’s offering
Before you book an all-inclusive resort only because they offer a long list of services, ask yourself if you really need all those services. If you see that you can have a great vacation even without half of the resort’s offering, you may find another resort with fewer services and make a better deal financially speaking. Just an example: if you don’t drink, you don’t need a resort’s restaurant package with free drinks.
- Be consistent with your goals
Before you start looking for an all-inclusive resort, determine your vacation goals and needs. Are you going with your kids? Do you want to bring your pet with you? Are you looking for kids entertainment or fun activities? All these parameters will help you define your list of needed services and vacation goals. Also, don’t change your mind at every new resort site you end up visiting online only because it looks great!
- Ask a travel agent
Large all-inclusive resorts usually offer a complex list of room categories and there’s no doubt that deciphering their lists is pretty difficult. Just to avoid embarrassing misunderstandings, ask a travel agent who knows the resort to help you decide whether to book a sea-front suite or a luxury suite. Also, travel agents can reveal to you the best discounts and vacation offerings for your specific situation. If you are a group of friends or a big family, you are surely eligible for interesting discounts.
- Know what your package includes
Many all-inclusive resorts claim to offer all possible and existing services but the truth is that certain services are to be paid extra. For example, a particular pool may be considered premium by the resort, which means that you have to pay to use it.
In conclusion, before you book, ask a travel agent to tell you exactly what the vacation package that you’d like to book includes and what it doesn’t include.